Sunday, December 09, 2007

Grace by Pomegranate

Pomegranates are the quintessential procrastination food—an excellent source of cheap therapy and probably some vitamins too. They’re downright enthralling and they taste as lovely as they look. I treat myself to several of them each winter and I never get bored with them. I suppose this proves that I am easily entertained by strange things and suffering from a mild case of OCD, but I find it quite soothing to carefully pry open each section, revealing another collection of cheerful deep-red juicy bits to be gently detached and popped into my mouth one by one. Pomegranates are yet another example of the gratuitous intricacy of creation. It baffles me that anyone could experience one and still believe that the world happened by accident.

1 Comments:

Blogger therealkimaliczi said...

Yes - they are lovely! I'm glad my 9-year-old daughter shares my love for them as well. Gives us yet one more little thing to "bond" over. :-)

December 09, 2007 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home